Employment Opportunities at FCOE
Consider the Fresno County Office of Education (“FCOE”) for a meaningful career and work with a team of caring, highly skilled professionals. FCOE collectively supports strong academic programs, career technical education and the arts for all students in Fresno County. With more than 1,400 employees working across the central valley, we manage to maintain a family like atmosphere. Explore the website to learn about FCOE and how you can join a team of incredible people with a common goal, providing the best educational experience for all students.
FCOE only accepts applications submitted exclusively through EDJOIN, an online recruiting website for educators state-wide.
In order to apply for a position through EDJOIN, applicants must have an email address and register a username and password directly through EDJOIN. The registration process is free.
For your convenience an Applicant User Guide has been developed. This user guide provides step-by-step instructions on the EDJOIN application process. Returning applicants may use their existing EDJOIN username and password.
Before you access the EDJOIN website, we encourage you to have the following information handy:
- Contact Information
- Education History: high school and colleges you have attended; number of units completed; degrees earned
- Certification: Credentials/Professional Licenses
- Employment History: Previous employers’ information, dates of employment, specific job duties, salary
- References: name, title, organization, address, phone number, email address
In addition to these application requirements, supplemental documents are required for all applications. Check the EDJOIN job announcement carefully to make sure you include all noted documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered for an interview.
Supplemental materials include:
- Letter of Interest
- Three letters of reference. (It is recommended that letters of reference be authored by professional affiliations and specific to the open position.)
- Other supplemental materials indicated on the EDJOIN job announcement: e.g. typing certificate, transcripts, CBEST, California Drivers License and/or other California licensures
When a typing certificate is required, the certificate must be dated within one (1) calendar year of the closing date of the position; must be a timed test of at least five (5) minutes in length from an authorized agency; and the required typing speed will be based on the ‘Net Words Per Minute’, which is the gross typing speed, minus errors.
The EDJOIN online application process takes about 20 minutes. Before transmitting your application, we recommend you print and review for accuracy and completeness before sending.
Applications submitted will undergo an evaluation of education, training and experience. All applicants will be notified regarding their application status.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Fresno County Office of Education does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation, in its educational program(s) or employment.
No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment which is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position(s) or program for which application has been made. Upon the job applicant providing notice to the Fresno County Office of Education, a reasonable accommodation will be provided to applicant so he/she may participate in the hiring process.
Post Offer Requirements
When a candidate receives an offer of employment, their employment is contingent upon completion of the following:
- Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Background checks;
- Results of a tuberculosis skin test;
- Authorization to work in the United States: evidence of identity and employment eligibility; and
- Employment physical, when applicable.
Partner With Us
Thank you for exploring our current open positions and considering FCOE as a place to work.